Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What Else I Have Been Into

Since my last post was sew long, I cut it short, but I did want to show you what else I have been doing on my blog hiatus.  I have been washing and ironing fabric collected almost over a year.  I had not been able to wash it because it was so wet here last fall and winter and my washer drains outside here.  I only washed what we needed.  So here is a picture of all my fabric washed an ironed over the last 9-10 months.  Actually there has

stash

been some already put away, probably close to a fourth of what you see here.  Now this has also found a home, but my new room is fast running out of space.  It already has on books.

And I have a new passion.  I stopped at a new to me quilt/needlework shop close to me.  And she had several temari balls in there.  Just so happens the town has a League of the Arts and they were giving a class in it for $5!  I have long been interested in this craft, (had 5 or 6 books on it for years), I guess because they are so pretty and they are geometric.  Anyway, I took the class and finished my ball which was Cranes and Bamboo.

crane

It’s not perfect and the cranes look a little anemic, but it is my first try and I don’t think it looks too bad.  I also ran out of thread for the bamboo.  (They had kits made up.)  I have my threads for my next two- I think I am hooked!

Next time quilts, I promise, but first I have a DJ retreat this next week.  So it will be after that.  I will probably start with Dear Jane®, the quilt that literally changed my life.

Sew Having Fun,

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, your temari ball is beautiful. Be sure you bring it to retreat.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete