Friday, February 22, 2013

Just a note…

Things have been a little wet here this week;  that’s good for the drought but not quite good enough.  But we’ll take anything we get.  It is good sewing/quilting weather though.

I have been keeping busy quilting a student’s Dear Jane© top.  It is slow going, considering it has been at least a  couple years since I had a quilt in the frame.  I have also been trimming up hourglass blocks from a swap we did between 9 of us with my Twisted Sister retreat group last fall.  I have a lot more to trim but it will be pretty when it is finished.  Not so bad if you trim a few a day.  Just take a look in the 19th Century Patchwork Divas book, History Repeated, published by Kansas City Star Books and you can see a quilt that I am working towards.  I am planning on mine having an applique' block in the center from a pattern by Lori Smith.

I am also eagerly awaiting Betsy Chutchian’s new book,   Lizzie's Legacy, also published by Kansas City Star Books.  I know it will be as good as Gone to Texas and History Repeated.  I have had my local quilt shop order it for me.

Also this week, I taught a hand quilting class at Celeste at Quilt Mercantile.  I had 6 students and I heard nothing but good things about my class.  It had been so long since I had taught it that I had my doubts.  Maybe I will have another one in a few months.

I have also been planning a log cabin quilt as I iron and put away my new fabric purchases, of which there have been quite few.  I will get back to that another time.  I am trying to decide just what how many fabrics I want to include-planned scrappy or totally scrappy.

Hopefully this evening I can get my last 2 Prince’s Feather blocks back basted.  I already have the leaves stitched down on the remaining 2 blocks.

Until next I write I am…Sew having fun,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment